The 1700A Level Sensor is another innovation from Excel Precision’s metrology technology. This level sensor measures the tilt from the horizontal plane of an object with sensitivity of 0.1 arc-seconds. The object can be either stationary or in motion during the measurement. Applications such as measuring pitch, roll, and inclination of the CNC machine bed, parallelism between the two surfaces of a machined plate, parallelism of gauge blocks, level of a stage, object surface curvature profile, etc. can be accomplished in less than one minute.
The 1700A Level Sensor consists of one each of the sensor head, the signal processing unit, and a power supply. The signal processing unit displays the measured results either in unit of radians or arc-seconds. The signal processing unit comes with an RS485 data port. This data port allows the user to acquire measured result for parts inspection, quality control, machine wear-out history, or servo control applications, etc.
This device is easy to use and does not require sophisticated installation or alignment procedure. The compact size allows it to be mounted almost anywhere on the measured object. The optional magnetic mounting pad makes it really easy to attach the 1700A Level Sensor on machine bed.
- High sensitivity over a broad measuring range
- (optional ranges of ±30’, ±15°, ±30°, and ± 45º).
- Zero adjustment by software or reset button.
- Large, easy to read digital display.
- Power technology allows the sensors to be Daisy chained, up to 16 units, to achieve simultaneous data acquisition.
- RS-485 & RS-232C Serial output.
- Minimizes measurement time, which reduces labor cost.
- Accurate measurement readings improve production yield, which in turn increases profitability of operation.
- Low cost of ownership.
- Data acquisition capability allows shop owners to keep record of machine wear out history.
- Simultaneously operating the multiple units reduces measurement time and improves parts inspection efficiency and accuracy.
|Input Power||0.5 Amp @ 120V AC||Data Format||Asynchronous|
|Dimension||Display – 8″ x 8″ x 2″||Measurement Range||ą500 arc-seconds|
|Sensor Head – 0.5″ x 0.5″ x 2″||Resolution||0.5 arc-seconds|
|Mounting||Magnetic Pad or Mounting Holes (for 8-32 screws)||Repeatability||0.6 arc-seconds|
|Data Port||RS-485||Accuracy||1.0% of measured radians|