The 1100B Calibration System is designed to conveniently measure the six degrees of freedom. This device uses interferometers and sensors to simultaneously measure linear displacement, horizontal straightness, vertical straightness, yaw, and roll. Pitch data are accumulated from the second pass. Flatness and velocity measurement are also available.
The 1100B Calibration System provides fast, accurate data to minimize calibration costs for machine tools, CMM or other precision measurement applications. The system’s two-piece construction promotes ease of use and dramatically decreases set-up time, resulting in higher calibration throughput and minimized cost.
The 1100B is an integrated optical module that can be retrofitted with a traditional laser interferometer laser head. This provides maximum flexibility to shop owners for budgeting of purchase and the applications. The 1100B unit employs a patented technology to measure linear movement, pitch, yaw, roll, horizontal straightness and vertical straightness simultaneously. The unique, two component system greatly facilitates alignment and the measurement taking procedure. The 1100B Metrology System can additionally measure squareness, flatness, and parallelism just like a traditional laser interferometer.
The Excel Precision 1100B Metrology System is designed to provide machine tool users, CMM users, and CNC machine center manufacturers an easy-to-use, accurate calibration system with the following features and benefits:
- Easy to use. The 1100B system does not require a trained engineer to set up and perform the calibration. A technician can easily learn perform the job within a short amount of time.
- 5 DOF simultaneous measurements. Linear movement, pitch, yaw, roll, horizontal straightness, and vertical straightness are measured simultaneously with a single set up, saving 80% of set-up time compared with a traditional laser interferometer.
- Improved accuracy. Simultaneous measurement of these parameters improves the calibration accuracy.
- 2-Piece construction. Single integrated optical configuration eliminates the need of purchasing variety of optics. This increased efficiency leads to a lower cost for the user.
- Convenience. Owning an 1100B system allows freedom to calibrate using your own personnel on your own schedule.
- Data logging in real-time. Real-time data logging with archive capability for quality audit and customer services.
- Computer output. Compatible with MS Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP. Software analysis supports NMTBA, VDI, ISO and ASME B5.54 standards. A report can be immediately generated after the calibration procedure for customer acceptance.
- Zeeman laser technology. The Zeeman laser in conjunction with the proprietary heterodyne signal processing technique makes Excel Precision’s metrology system the most accurate machine tool calibration system.
- Wavelength compensation available. Excel’s wavelength compensation devices such as Weather Station, Material Sensor, and Refractometer allows precise calibration in any environment.
- NIST standard. The 1100B is traceable to NIST and international standards.